Monday, June 28, 2010

Thee Oh Sees- "I Was Denied"


"I Was Denied" is actually my first taste of Thee Oh Sees, I downloaded it a month or two back after hearing good things about the band. The song is ripped from their 2010 album Warm Slime, out now on In The Red. Warm Slime is almost good way to describe this fuzzy slab of psych pop, full of clanging distorted guitars, frontman John Dwyer's manic yelps, and thunderous cymbal crashes. It's got this awesome lo-fi bluesy, punky stomp beat to it that brings to mind the work of King Khan (King Khan & BBQ show, King Khan & The Shrines) or The White Stripes. It's loud, it's catchy, it's heavy, it's slimey, just an all around good time. Definitely gonna check out the album, but for now enjoy "I Was Denied."

Thee Oh Sees- "I Was Denied" from Warm Slime (via MBV Music)

No comments:

Post a Comment