Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Born Ruffians- "I Need A Life (Four Tet Mix)"


Born Ruffians are delightfully catchy three piece from Ontario (I'll be featuring their debut LP Red, Yellow & Blue very soon, don't miss it) whose music usually resembles the jangly indie pop of Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! or Peter Bjorn and John. But when Warp labelmate Four Tet remixes the Ruffians' "I Need A Life," the result is very different. As a b-side to their Little Garçon single, Four Tet turns the rowdy teenage singalong into a hypnotic mix of twinkling guitars and echoing harmonies. The remix reminds me a lot of Deakin's remix of Phoenix's "Love Like A Sunset," but of course that's a good thing. Add this one Four Tet's already enormous list of awesome remixes.

"Born Ruffians- I Need A Life (Four Tet Mix)" from Little Garçon (via This Music Wins) LINK REMOVED

No comments:

Post a Comment